Specialized in texturing, shading, UV mapping, MEL scripting, lighting and rendering.
Texturing -> Mari
UV Mapping -> Maya, Roadkill
Shading, Lighting, Rendering -> Maya, Mental Ray, VRay, Octane
MEL Scripting -> Maya
Displacement maps -> Zbrush
2014 – present
Freelance senior 3D Texture Artist
- Mercedes - Benz CEO Dieter Zetsche's keynote full CG intro at CES 2015;
- Felix Baumgartner: From Heaven to Green Hell - Trailer ( Audi R8 LMS ultra viral );
- Mustang “chase like a boss” project.
2005 - 2013
Head of Texturing Dept. responsible for supervising all aspects of the production from texturing department, coordinating the team, talking with directors and art directors and making sure the script and jokes were well translated in cg.
I am also responsible for:
- Create photorealistic textures from scratch and from existing material for mapping
- Set up and manage UVs for complex models
- Work with modelers to ensure optimal UV layout
- Work closely with shader/lighting artists towards producing the final look
- Work closely with the Visual Effects Supervisor to deliver shots to their specifications
Among these I was responsible for creating various MEL scripts that speed up production and resolved many repetitive tasks, look development, shading, texturing, lighting, fur and hair development.
- Cute Attack VFX project, it's about a bear beating up a teacher for giving bad grades. The footage is all real with an actor and the bear is 3d;"
- "Mongo Wrestling Alliance" the series for Adult Swim;
- Various VFX for Disney's "Pair of Kings" series ( par exemple the giant bat and the pterano in this episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsh4SkzBJj8 )
- Untitled VFX project, an in house developed show with aliens and flying dinosaurs. The footage is all shot on RED in the Nevada desert and the creatures are full realistic 3d models;
- WYD (Who's Your Daddy), 5 minutes pilot for MTV, it has combined 3D and 2D shading with painted backgrounds;
- Little Digger, a short 8 episodes series for Fox with the NASCAR gopher mascot. it's a 3D show with 5 furry characters and the nascar race;
- The Drinky Crow Show the series, 10x11 minutes episodes about the adventures of a drinking crow and his monkey friend - with 2D shading;
- Real Animals, realistic looking 3D project for Fox, portraying suburban life with animal characters;
- Smart Animals, pitch for Disney, about a dog with 6 tentacles;
- Drinky Crow, pilot done for Cartoon Network, based on the comic strip by Tony Millionare;
- Baxter and McGuire, mini series for Comedy Central;
- The Mooch, pilot, short about a guy losing his job, his home and girlfriend in the same day
2002 - 2003, TINY CREATURES, Braşov- Romania
- Piccolo, Saxo et Compagnie, fully CGI feature film for Millimages, responsible with the environment texture, head of team who worked in Bucharest from Tiny Creatures;
- Les Gnoufs, a 52 x 30 minutes episodes TV series, an animated cartoon created by Bertrand Santini, shown on many TV stations such as Foxtel, ABC, France 3, Disney Channel.
Communication and Team Attributes:
- Fast learner and able to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Diplomatic team leadership abilities;
- Ability to work with diverse personalities and different cultures;
- Provide support to more junior team members by providing artistic direction and assisting with technical difficulties;
- Collaborate with other departments as necessary to ensure proper completion of assets and to ensure a smooth production;
- Incorporates feedback and criticism to improve composition;
- Keep up to speed with current industry trends;
- Perform additional duties as required.
Education and Training:
2002 – 2007 Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics
Subjects studied: programming, mathematics, computer graphics
Graduation thesis: 3D Parametric Surfaces
2003 Extensive course of Alias Wavefront Maya at Tiny Creatures/ Magic Systems - official Alias distributor, Brasov ROMANIA ( modeling, texturing, lighting and rendering )
1997 - 2002 Faculty of Silviculture and Forest Engineering
Subjects studied: Silviculture, Botany, Soil Science, Ecology, Wildlife Management and Trout Farming, Entomology, Zoology, Genetics, Dendrology, Informatics for Forestry, Operations Research and Computer Programming in Silviculture etc.
Graduation thesis: Torrential Control
1993-1997 “Andrei Şaguna” high school
HONORARY MENTIONS in the CGSociety's MARI Contest ( 2013 );
HONORARY MENTIONS in the CGSociety's MARI Contest ( 2012 ).
Computers, Photography, Car driving, Playing guitar, Traveling, Mountain climbing, Fishing